5.02.2011

2!

This little guy right here is 2 months old.  Time flies yall!


We went to the doc today last week and here are his stats:
weight: 11.5 lbs.
length: 23.5 inches
head: 39 cms.
All of these put him in the 50% percentile!  We got a prescription for Zantac so hopefully our tummy issues will start to get better!
EDITED TO ADD:
Zantac is a miracle drug and I wish I could hug the people that invented it!

You know the fun thing about 2 months?  They start to turn into little people!  Like, smiling and cooing little people!  Makes all the fussiness and sleeplessness worth it!


Actually, he's been on a pretty good sleeping schedule {at night anyways}.  He usually goes down at 9 and wakes up between 3 and 4 and then sleeps until about 6 or 7.  I really can't complain. 

He finally allowed us to swaddle him which has made a difference in his night time sleeping.

His daytime/evening hours have improved so much since being on the Zantac.  It hasn't improved his spitting up {which I can handle}, but you can tell he's just a whole lot more comfortable! 


I seriously want to {and usually do} just kiss his face allllllllll the time.  Especially his lips.  They are edible, really.

I must admit, I'm not one of those moms who feels that instant, "oh my god, he's mine and I love him and I'm so connected to him" thing.  Of course, I've loved him from the very minute I saw him, but those first few weeks are simply survival and trying to establish some sort of normalcy.  I put so much effort into just, well, living.  And feeding and sleeping, etc that it just takes me a couple weeks to realize that I'm actually this baby's mommy!  Starting around now, I really start to feel that "oh I love this little baby so much it hurts" kind of thing.  All that to say, I think it's totally normal for those feelings to sink in.  It doesn't always happen automatically!

Because, I see this face {THE EYELASHES.  THE LIPS} and I pretty much just melt.


He smiles the instant you talk to him.  And he's starting to do that I'm-new-at-this baby coos and giggles that sound more like baby birds squawking.  It's pretty amazing.  He's also a mama's boy.  He loooves to be in the sling and as long as he's being held, everything's alright in the world.  He's just now beginning to entertain himself in his bouncy seat, play mat, etc.

I can't imagine life without him.

Happy 2 months sweet boy!

******************************************

We also had this little squirt's 2 year check up. 

 
weight: 33.2 lbs.
height: 35.5 inches
head: 49 cms.
That puts her in the 90% for everything!  Haha...for a girl who started out in the 3%, I'd say she's made up for it.  Can I please tell you what a little jewel this girl is?  When she had to get her finger pricked, she told the lady thank you.  When she had to get a shot, she told the lady she loved Dora.  I'm constantly amazed by her.  Also, she grabbed Dr. Wood by the hand and said "come on Dr. Wood, I show you sunshine.  It's oda bear {over there} on da wall.  It's yaya {yellow} and has eyes."  Needless to say, Dr. Wood was impressed with her vocabulary!

I might live to regret saying this, but I love age 2.  So far.  Yes, we whine a lot and yes we have very dramatic break downs when we don't get our way.  BUT.  To be able to carry on a real, full fledged conversation with my 2 year old....that's pretty amazing.


She makes me laugh constantly and shows me daily what "child-like faith" really is.

She is inquisitive and imaginative {we have our first imaginary friend: Patrick} and likes for people to watch her.
"Mommy, wook at me when I eat hot dogs."  "Daddy, wook!  I'm reading a book."  "Wook Babs, I feeding baby Jack."

Girl loves her some positive affirmation.


There's not a food she doesn't like {except maybe cole slaw} and there's not a single soul she can't win over by batting those eyelashes, flashing that smile, and saying "hey dere!"

She's also pretty darn sneaky and thinks she's found the phrase that will buy her eternal grace:
"Pweaseeee?  It will make me feel better."
Really.  How do you resist?
Give you a hint....
YOU CAN'T.


She's stolen my heart and makes me swell with pride everyday.
I still can't believe she's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment