10.19.2009

Finally----6 month post!!!

I know, I know....better late than never right??

I typed the rest of this post after her apt. last Thursday {that's why the font is different.} I can't remember what her head measurement, so I will have to add that in later!

I am thankful I have a healthy, happy 6 month old.
Here are the stats from the doctor yesterday:
Weight: 16 lbs 4 ounces {50%}
Length: 25.5 inches {41%}
Head: ??

A few things to remember about our 6 month old:
* Wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6 month sleepers
* Wearing size 2 diaper during the day and size 3 at night!
* Reaching out for toys and her hand/eye coordination is fantastic!
*Rolling over all over the place and beginning to scoot if she sees something she wants!
* Doing very well at sitting on her own!
* Still no teeth!!
* Loves peas {WHAT?} and bananas. Not so crazy about peaches or carrots.
*Sleeping 12-13 hours a night and taking 30 mins to 2 hour naps twice a day.
*Having 4 or 5 6-8 ounce bottles a day.
*Still spitting up after almost. every. bottle. The rice cereal has helped a little bit. ANNOYING!
*Talking, laughing, screeching, babbling, gurgling, etc ALL DAY!



These pics are getting more and more challenging to take! I wonder how many more I will be able to take with her actually laying there!


And.....yes, this was just 6 months ago!



Reese,

How are you already half a year old? My mind cannot comprehend that! I look at you everyday and am so happy that you are growing and changing into your own person. But, I am also sad to know that I will never get those 6 months back. There is no way to explain to a new mother to breathe it all in. It’s not possible until you look back and 6 months have flown by. Soon I will look back and a year has past!



To be honest, I’m not sure if I really knew how to love and appreciate you in the beginning. Those first few months are such a blur of time and adjustments and there’s little time to just BE. Now, I feel like we can just be. We can sit on the bed and play for 30 minutes. We can “talk” and laugh and make faces at each other. I have been ready for these times.


I can see that streak of independence starting to peak its way through. Keep letting it shine. Confidence and independence are not easy to come by in this world and having those 2 qualities is half the battle. You are also extremely easy going and just an all around good natured baby. Thank you!



Tonight you stayed up late and as I fed you in the glider, I cried. I cried because you actually let me rock you and I cried because I know I won’t get to do it forever. I thought about that quote that talks about raising a child with both roots and wings. What a hard concept to actually think about instilling. But that’s what we’re called to do. Give you a firm foundation so that you learn to fly. Please don’t fly too quickly.


There’s so much about me that has changed since that day in April and all of it is because of your presence in my life. And tonight, as we listened to the birds chirp on your sound machine and we rocked, I thought you were drifting to sleep. But then, you sat up, put your hands on each side of my face, grinned and then spit up all over me.


And I wouldn’t imagine it any other way.



******

Although, I am glad you didn’t get it in my eyeball.

You did that to your daddy yesterday.

I’m very thankful gravity was on my side this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment