7.15.2009

3 months!!

So, this post is a little late, and has no bunny pic, but I wanted to go ahead and get it on here. Bunny pic to follow!


I have a 3 month old?? How is that possible?! It’s as if time has sped up since her arrival. I don’t even notice the {seemingly} daily changes until I see pics from the day she was born. Just yesterday, I took pics of her in her swing and she looked HUGE! She still looks and feels like a baby when I hold her, but for some reason, she looks grown up in pictures!


I remember when Joel was born and I would try to imagine what he would grow up to look like. I just could not imagine it and yet it happened. It’s still happening. That’s how it is with Reese. I can’t imagine how she will grow and change in the future; and yet, she is changing and growing and I can’t really even see it until I look back on what was.


It’s all very exciting though. To see her little personality start to come out. She is such a morning person, which is very different from either of her parents. She doesn’t really cry in the morning, she just makes whiny noises and when I go in there, she has the BIGGEST smile and starts squealing. She hasn’t really started laughing yet, but I have a feeling, she will have a booming, infectious laugh! Her whole face gets into a smile, so I can imagine a laugh will be even better!


Since Reese was smaller at birth, the doc wanted to see her at 3 months to make sure that she is still growing like she needs to. Of course, the babe who put us all through so much stress during pregnancy is growing like a weed now!


Stats:
Weight: 10 pounds, 13 ounces {7-10%}
Length: 22 inches {7-10%}
Head: 14.9 inches {7-10%}


She gained 2 pounds in a month! Most babies triple their birth weight by 1 year, but Reese is predicted to triple hers by 6 or 7 months! The doc said that preemie and low birthweight babies don't follow the same trend, so it will be interesting to see how much she grows in this first year!


I have a few more posts to do tonight, so keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment